Last night, I watched AI... another disappointing night. None of them blew my socks off (not even Crystal Bowersox (ha ha, get it?)). They actually made jokes about how bad Tim was, but that all he has to do is flash a smile and people will vote him through. Sadly, and thankfully for my commission/royalties, it's true. Lee did really well last night... I may be dumping Tim, dropping him from my label/P.R. company and going with Lee. We'll see how it goes tonight.
I'm still waiting to hear about my cousin and the house... I won't be working over the house for about a week... and hoping that my cousin buys it so that I don't have to do anything else but hand over the keys... he works in construction and used to put kitchens in, and he said he would replace the cabinets. Meanwhile, the work I did turned out really well, but may all be for not. Some of the trim isn't on yet, but below are some of the mostly finished parts and have been painted...





I cringe every time I see that you've put more time and money into the rehab of your Dad's house. My gay sensibilities (and fabulous sense of style) tell me that you have a long way to go to finish this project to your satisfaction. As good as what you've done may look (and it DOES look good), you have to consider that it may not match a buyer's taste. My advice would be to finish up any currently unfinished projects, and then stop. Well, perhaps get rid of that horrid chandelier! HA!
ReplyDeleteI know that someday in the not too distant future I'll be facing the same daunting challenge with my parents' home. I doubt I'd get much push-back from my brothers on this, but about all I'd be inclined to do is to clean it thoroughly, rip out the carpeting in the kitchen and bathrooms (ugh), and perhaps remove the floral wallpaper my mother insisted on plastering over every vertical surface. Oh, and paint over the huge praying hands mural my mother painted in the sun room. That creeps even me out. Done. My instincts would be completely different if I were going to live in it myself, of course. But that will never happen.
Sadly, I can be a little anal when it comes to things... but hopefully my cousin will buy it and I won't have to do anything but hand him the keys... leave it as is right now. Also, (sadly), mostly everyone that has walked into the kitchen has commented on the chandelier... guess it doesn't take much to impress rural America
ReplyDelete