Last week, when I was out in the snow cutting down trees in the damp air, I must have caught something, because all week, I've had terrible chest congestion. Walking around in NYC (stupidly, with only two shirts on because I didn't want to carry a cumbersome jacket), it made it so much worse... not to mention the drinks and screaming in the bars. Cars, trains, subways, crowded streets.... too many people and too many germs. I'm prety sure that it's full-blown bronchitis at this point, if not pneumonia. I've been O.D.ing on Dayquil every couple of hours to no avail. I couldn't wait to get back and take a shower or ten yesterday and then I met up with my friend Jim and we had lunch and just hung out, lounging, all night, talking.
With another beautiful day out, I have some errands to do then meeting up with Jim again. I'm heading home tomorrow, in time to see Alice in Wonderland tomorrow night with the gang. It's been a great trip, getting to do some things and see some people, but I'm looking forward to my 'me' time in the truck on the way home... and to recover in my own bed for a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment