Saturday, March 27, 2010

Getting to the Root of it All

Today, it was about 60 degrees and beautifully sunny, so I went to get some landscaping done.  Fortunately, Berry came too.  Full of piss and vinegar (at his ripe old age of 24), he was excited to get some physical work in, enjoy the outdoors and get a light workout in.  Having to drag out 5 stumps with a root system each the size of Vermont, I think he was thinking that a leisurely afternoon on the couch may have been the better choice about a half hour into the day.  Having to chop off all the roots and dirt ball to be able to pick up the stump to get it in the truck proves tiring as well as back-breaking.  It's nice to have one of my friends come and help... then they can see that I'm not just lying in a field picking dandelions.  He was a life-saver for my old, decrepid body and a sight for sore eyes.  Thanks so much, Berrylicious... so tangy and strong.  Incidentally, the pic is of my first blooming Daffodil.

No comments:

Post a Comment