I ran into a little bit of a plastering problem (much like in Florida, where a large chunk of the wall fell off)... so, rather than painting over the wallpaper that was there, I tore it all down and I'm fixing the plaster. I also removed all the old plugs and switches, built-in microwave that didn't work, trim, and anything else. I got a new range hood and some things to complete the bathroom. I'm contemplating putting in a new sink and countertop in the kitchen. After crying a bit, then tearing everything down, then getting what I needed to fix it, I'm better now and tomorrow is another day.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Progress
I can't even put into words how excited I am about Spring. I know I've been going on and on about it... Today, I went over to my Dad's... with the real estate agent coming on Monday, the goal is to get as much done before then to get it listed. I walked into the house and wanted to cry, actually. Although I've done a great deal of the work, there's still a lot that has to be done... it's overwhelming. I wish a tornado would just pick it up and dump it in Salt Lake City (preferably on the Mormon church)... but I digress...
I ran into a little bit of a plastering problem (much like in Florida, where a large chunk of the wall fell off)... so, rather than painting over the wallpaper that was there, I tore it all down and I'm fixing the plaster. I also removed all the old plugs and switches, built-in microwave that didn't work, trim, and anything else. I got a new range hood and some things to complete the bathroom. I'm contemplating putting in a new sink and countertop in the kitchen. After crying a bit, then tearing everything down, then getting what I needed to fix it, I'm better now and tomorrow is another day.
I ran into a little bit of a plastering problem (much like in Florida, where a large chunk of the wall fell off)... so, rather than painting over the wallpaper that was there, I tore it all down and I'm fixing the plaster. I also removed all the old plugs and switches, built-in microwave that didn't work, trim, and anything else. I got a new range hood and some things to complete the bathroom. I'm contemplating putting in a new sink and countertop in the kitchen. After crying a bit, then tearing everything down, then getting what I needed to fix it, I'm better now and tomorrow is another day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I totally remember that kitchen.....where I'd walk past and your mom would glare at me for stealing her little boy. Ah......those were the days.......sniff.
ReplyDelete