Thursday, March 18, 2010

Those Were the Days

When I was going through some boxes at my Dad's, I came across this picture... I believe it was my school picture from sixth grade.  While it probably looks a little goofy to most, it's actually one of my best pics from school.  This was around 1978... polyester shirts were all the rage and I was right on top of my game.  I was giving you the long hair.. the St. Christopher medal around my neck... and the groovy, polyblend button down with a tangerine-colored print.  If you look closely, you can see my chipped front tooth (from biking into a parked car with my face).  You can also see my chickenpox mark on the side of my nose.  This was the year that my face grew into my head though, and things were turning out proportionately better than the year prior.  No mustache yet... but it was getting ready to work itself through at any moment.  Ultraman, Olivia Newton John and 'Stayin' Alive' were high on my list of interests... Now it's Tide Ultra... Olivia de Haviland and, well... trying to just 'stay alive'.

1 comment: