Balancing My Tids and Bits on a Tightrope
Not that I've been just lounging on the couch for months on end through the Winter, but it is interesting how my life gets crazy this time of year. It's almost like I'm frozen and I thaw out, just like the ground. Today, I'm running around getting stuff that I need for the house to do more work tomorrow. We got a lot done yesterday... there's just so much more to do. Balancing both houses and the 'off and running' nature of the landscaping business as well as camp/massage, makes for a crazy period of the year. Sometimes I wish I had more consistency in my life, but wouldn't trade it either. It's just how it is. And, with being completely off my medication now, it's all so blaringly in my face.
I watched American Idol last night. This season is definitely disappointing. The girls are so much better than the boys... I almost wish that we could just get it down to the two girls that will win (Crystal and Siobhan)... if this were a talent contest... I'm banking that it's not (for my 10% commission on Tim) though. These kids really don't have much imagination, maybe because they've been sitting in front of their X-boxes for their whole lives. They pick songs that may be popular (with their age set, because they don't know any better) but aren't really good songs. I fell asleeep near the end. With 'Billboard #1's' as the theme, it was ridiculous the songs that they picked out of all that they could have. And if one more of them says "I just wanted to get out there and have fun"... I'll get one of my Republican friends to shoot them with one of their guns and then refuse them medical care. It's about winning... not having fun. And while there are probably about 8 of them that should go home tonight, I think it will be Paige. She's got killer eyes, but she is beyond pitchy... more like pitch a tent and wait for the girl to hit one note correctly. Hope you have enough weenuses and marshmallows.... it's going to be a long night.
No comments:
Post a Comment