More like Alice in wonder-why-I-paid-twelve-bucks-to-see-that? land... I was not a fan of the movie tonight... for a few reasons... First, although the movie seemed to go fast, it went slower than that fucking rabbits' watch. I was squirming in my seat dreaming of the end of the movie. Next, it's hard to have 3-D glasses on anyway (let alone overtop of my real glasses)... and all the 3D effects were things flying at you or whizzing past your head... it was visual vomit overload. There was so much to look at... you could probably see it ten times and not see the same stuff twice. Lastly, I consider myself fairly grounded in reality (oh, did anyone see my bf on American Idol tonight... miss you Tim... see you after the show)... so it was a little bit over the top fairy taleness for me.
As far as the acting, I'm sorry... Johnny Depp is just strange no matter what he plays (which seems to always be some strange individual)... and he looked like a mix between Madonna and Frodo Baggins... Helen Bonham Carter was excellent as the Queen of Hearts... she stole the show. Alice was a little tart... and there's no one else worth mentioning. All in all, it was visually interesting but a bit tedious. I'd give it a 6 of hearts out of a full deck. Wait for the DVD... squint your eyes and move your head around a bit... same effect.

Every time a new 3D movie hits theaters I think about Dr. Tongues 3D House of Stewardesses on SCTV. After that I can't take the whole idea seriously, and simply wait for the DVD. Sounds like I may need to watch Dr. Tongue again.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87WgmGHz9U4