I've met so many great people at camp... one of them being Matt. My first encounter with him was as a massage client almost two years ago, and then, after a 4 hour talk by the fire, we realized that we had a lot in common, related well and became fast friends. In fact, I've never had a friendship grow in leaps and bounds as ours has.
Having a diverse family background that rivals mine, he has lived in many cities growing up and has traveled the world as an adult. A few years back, he took a year off work, bought a travel trailer and a big fat truck and traveled the country with his dog, Nick... something that I would love to do. A Project Engineer for a company that builds nuclear power plants, he is the walking Dilbert, caring way too much about his job to the point that it makes him sick... and is surrounded by educated idiots. His talents are severely wasted. Whenever I have a technical question about a car or computer, he is happily on the other end of the phone, most times answering "India tech support...". Well-versed on practically every subject under the sun, he is current and reads a lot, as well.
Matt's love of his life is his Weimaraner, Nick. Now 13, Nick has been by his side (literally, since he never lies down and plays rug, ever) through thick and thin. With unconditional love, loyalty and trust, Nick has had a great life... loving his camping trips and running through the woods. Recently diagnosed with cancer in several parts of his body, Matt is dedicated to making his life as comfortable and full as he can. Now very thin and frail, his heart and spirit knows no sickness, as he prances around like a puppy.
Void of a jealous, spiteful or mean bone in his body, Matt is truly one of the best people that I have come across in my life. Unselfish, compassionate and forever willing to put someone else's needs in front of his own, he has been the voice of reason, my rock and an invaluable friend. I am truly blessed to have him in my life.



No comments:
Post a Comment