Everyone sees what they want to see, and everyone shows what they want to show. It is when we come together iether as freinds or partners we really open up and show who we truly are.
Do you see in yourself who you really are? Do you see in yourself the person you want or expect yourself to be? Do you see in yourself all the good and not so good?
You cannot see in me anybody else than the one you see in yourself, for the "other" is nothing more but a reflexion of your own self!
I wrote this about 3 or 4 years ago... at a point where I was feeling misunderstood. It was lost when I lost stuff on my computer and I just found it...
Inevidently, we will somehow start to 'modify' ourselves when being in a relationship, but that does not mean we will necessarily lose our own uniqueness and idiosyncrasies.
It's a blessing if we ever have a partner who see all the good and bad in us, and yet still accept and love us as who we are.
D@vid, I'm sorry that you felt misunderstood. I can relate to your poem as well for I too have been misunderstood. Meeting halfway in the middle of the road, among the vehicles of life, then is when we begin to be understood. So quick to prejudge others. Family, friends and possible chances at a relationship. My present therapist has been funneling through me how to understand others more as well as myself. My life had been thus far and to some degrees still is misunderstood. And from reading your blog it has inspired me to put this misunderstood on paper. Whether I start a blog, write a book or poem but somehow just find a way to be understood. For we are very much alike and understood more then we believe.
Everyone sees what they want to see, and everyone shows what they want to show. It is when we come together iether as freinds or partners we really open up and show who we truly are.
ReplyDeleteRay
Very nice! I like the way you constructed this piece. Your poems and your posts come from your heart. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteDo you see in yourself who you really are?
ReplyDeleteDo you see in yourself the person you want or expect yourself to be?
Do you see in yourself all the good and not so good?
You cannot see in me anybody else than the one you see in yourself, for the "other" is nothing more but a reflexion of your own self!
Have a great Labour Day weekend!
Hugs
Jon
There is only one way to happiness, and that is to cease worrying things which are beyond the power of our will.
ReplyDeleteand if that doesn't work .....
One of the secrets of a Happy Life is continuous small treats!!
It is a really nice poem, but don't we all change on some level to make ourselves compatible with someone?
ReplyDeleteI wrote this about 3 or 4 years ago... at a point where I was feeling misunderstood. It was lost when I lost stuff on my computer and I just found it...
ReplyDeletethat was splendid.
ReplyDeleteNicely constructed piece there. :)
ReplyDeleteInevidently, we will somehow start to 'modify' ourselves when being in a relationship, but that does not mean we will necessarily lose our own uniqueness and idiosyncrasies.
It's a blessing if we ever have a partner who see all the good and bad in us, and yet still accept and love us as who we are.
D@vid, I'm sorry that you felt misunderstood. I can relate to your poem as well for I too have been misunderstood. Meeting halfway in the middle of the road, among the vehicles of life, then is when we begin to be understood. So quick to prejudge others. Family, friends and possible chances at a relationship. My present therapist has been funneling through me how to understand others more as well as myself. My life had been thus far and to some degrees still is misunderstood. And from reading your blog it has inspired me to put this misunderstood on paper. Whether I start a blog, write a book or poem but somehow just find a way to be understood. For we are very much alike and understood more then we believe.
ReplyDeleteI think what I like most, is the scene you chose, with a man walking forward.
ReplyDelete