There's a web site
Sharedbook that will allow you download your whole entire blog... pictures, comments, etc... and either download them into a PDF file for $7.95 or print them out into a book with a cover and index... and it prints the pictures out in color and lists the comments right underneath it. You can pick the cover and the cover and back pictures, put a dedication in the front page and some other options as well. This works for Blogger, Typepad and Wordpress. You can see an example of one here...
Blog Book ExampleI recently did mine, but had to download it into 3 parts since it can only download 1500 pictures at a time and was almost three years long. It can get costly with the printing... one of mine was $150 for one year's worth.... but for $7.95, you can't go wrong... you just download it to your computer. I now have mine on 3 PDF files that I can take and print out myself if I wanted to. It's definitely worth it to preserve your history.
Some page snapshots:
WOW... this is very cool. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteJohn, you better sell off most of the foul... and maybe see what you can get for Chris. If you're just downloading it, it can be long on verbage (although comments add a lot of words)... but it goes by 1500 images per book. You have to pick a time frame and see if there's more than 1500 pics in that range. If so, it will tell you and then you try a lesser range of time.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this! I was wondering if there would be any way to do this! My blog started in Sept 2006, so I think I may go for the PDF files!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip D@vid! I've been looking for something like this.
ReplyDeleteI visited the site and have been creating my "volumes". I've saved them, but haven't placed the order yet. One question: are you satisfied with the finished quality? I've been wanting to do this for a long time now!
ReplyDeleteI have been looking for something like this for some time! Thank you! I want to try it out.
ReplyDeleteI have to first hold back the urge to 'edit' everything - 4-5 years!
oh fuck that is cool. I need someone to help me restore all the pics that were lost a year ago (for like 7 years).
ReplyDeleteThen I'd surely spend the big bucks for book form.
That's AWESOME! What about the videos though? What happens to them - are they just still pics?
ReplyDelete