Friday, March 5, 2010

Little Girl in a Big City (or two)

I headed into Philly to meet with Jim, a friend of mine... we grabbed breakfast at a really cool little place... and hung out talking.  I'm at a coffee shop in the 'gayborhood'... it's probably right around 50 degrees... with no signs of snow on the ground and the sun brightly shining... it's a good day and Spring is right around the corner.  I love walking around the city... you see so many interesting things and there's so much energy.  I miss this city a lot as well as New York City.  Something that people might not know about me is that I love feeding the squirrels in Central Park.  I pick up some warm walnuts from a street vendor and can sit on a park bench for hours... most times, they come sit on the bench with you and, on occasion, they will sit on your shoulder as you feed them.  It's crazy rabid, I know... but there's nothing like that connection with a wild animal.  I especially like the black squirrels in Toronto... my ex, John was over me wanting to always stop and feed them.  Again, very therapeutic for me.


Tomorrow, my friend Eddie and I are going toNYC to hang out... and to see the musical The Fantastics on Broadway.  I'll have to wear something with a lot of toulle and taffeta and pull out a pair of my Manolo Blahniks (although a sensible shoe is always best for the city) to do Carrie Bradshaw proud.  Perhaps I'll have a Cosmo at a quaint little bar?  Who knows when you're a girl on the go.

1 comment: