Wednesday, March 3, 2010

An Original Poem

I wrote this a few years back at a point where I was questioning how I was perceived by people... and what I allowed myself to show people.  By holding back or putting up a facade, you really only hurt yourself.


WHAT DO YOU SEE IN ME?
shyness, conceit, confidence, vulnerability, loneliness, passion, creativity, vulgarity, eroticism, emotion..?

              DO YOU SEE IN ME...
what I am or what I want to show you? How do you know which is which? How do I know? Am I capable of knowing or distinguishing or presenting?

                       YOU SEE IN ME...
what you want to see. Do you take the time to know me or am I already fulfilling your needs? Do you need or want more?

                                SEE IN ME...
all the layers and possibilities... all the emotions... all of what I am. There is more than just the facade. Give me a chance to show you.

                                        IN ME...
there is a caring, lonely person wanting to be accepted, understood and loved as just...
                                               ME.

1 comment: