Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where's Punxy Phil When You Need Him?


I woke up this morning to snow outside.  Usually one of those people who have the weather channel on for background noise, I find myself apathetic towards the weather right now and it came as a total surprise.  It's amazing to me that it's the end of January already and, since I spent about 4 weeks of Winter in Florida (I guess), I don't have that forboding sense of claustrophobia that I usually have at this time of year. It almost feels like it's almost over which, in itself, is a dangerous outlook to have... with February and March usually being the worst two months of Winter.

I've been getting back into the swing of my 'life' since I got back, whatever that means.  I'm a little misguided at this point.  I'm fortunate to have some control over what I do, especially in Winter (with no landscaping work), but it's a constant mind-fuck for me to remember that, come April, I will be very busy and to hold on until then.  I was also fortunate to have the painting gig because it paid good money that will help sustain me until April... but I also wished that I would have gotten a steady thing, albeit is simple and small, just to have some structure.  Finishing my Dad's house and getting it done will be the best thing right now... but perhaps after that I will get something.  I feel bad for my friends who feel they are in a rut, but a rut sounds good to me right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment