Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Reality Check/Disclosure Statement


Disclaimer:  This post is not directed at any particular person, nor did I do anything wrong... it's just an opportunity for me to self-evaluate.

This blog gives me a unique platform to think outloud which, in turn, allows me to work though my issues and problems on a public level, whether anyone is listening or not.  I want to be honest with myself and if having friends and strangers set me straight on something that I've done, said or thought, then all the better.  I don't profess to be the best person in the world, but I do try to be the best person I can be and I'm willing to open myself up to accomplish that.  I am proud of who I am and how I treat people, especially, but cross me and I will cut you verbally.

I try to be honest with myself.  I always welcome my friend's opinion and try to see their point of view.  It's a disservice to myself to not take what others have to say into consideration as well as not to allow the opportunity to make my own mistakes, of which I make plenty.  It's then that you should be learning. 

My morals, standards and expectations are high.  I expect to be treated like I treat people.  And while the basic decent human interaction seems to be difficult for some, I state that I would always want the people around me to tell me when I have done something to offend, upset or insult them. While some seem to enjoy it, it hurts me to hurt others.  I would say that I am an empathetic, sarcastic, biting pacifist... and you can see where the conflict comes in.  I invite input from those around me no matter how hard to hear.  Help me be the best person I can be.   

No comments:

Post a Comment