Friday, January 15, 2010

Back to a Sunny, June Day in 1976

It's funny how one day I can be so silly.... and most of my posts reflect that, then the next day the whole mood changes and I'm introspective... While I was painting... I was thinking about how my mom and I used to sing to the Karen Carpenter's songs... she had a voice like butter... just like a stick of butter (too bad she didn't eat it).  Particularly, the song "Sing"... you can't help but be in a better mood after hearing it.  The first video is another favorite of mine... "I Know I Need To Be In Love".... specifically, it's the words that I relate to. And the last video, "You're the One", is what I want to play at my wedding... There'll be my two signature colors.. blush and bashful... every pink flower west of the mississippi, armadillo cake.... oh, wait... that's not me, that's Shelby in Steel Magnolias... nevermind.... (Meanwhile... my gay friends are getting it and the straight one's are like... what?)






No comments:

Post a Comment