Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's the Incentive?


Why bother getting out of bed when you see the weather prediction?  Doesn't give you much to work with.  At least with this forecast, there's a light at the end of the tunnel with a sunny day at the end.  I guess that's supposed to make us feel good?  The realist in me knows that, in seven days from now, that sunny day will be gone... replaced with more of the same.

I've blogged about the science of weather prediction in the past, so I won't go into it again.  It's just that when you watch it, you kind of plan your life around their guess... you get psyched up for, say, tons of snow... buy a loaf of bread and a container of milk... get errands done that you wouldn't have normally run out to do... maybe use some vacation time and get a movie or two that you wouldn't have necessarily bought... and sit back and wait............................................................................ for NOTHING to happen.  I like how they've gotten vague in their wording now... 'Winter snow warning from now until March'.... or '62 inches of snow expected'. 

I am very affected by the weather, having seasonal affective disorder.... I can actually get claustrophobic as well when it doesn't let up.  And that doesn't matter if it's overcast or sun... when I lived in Vegas, it was sunny every day and I felt the same way.  I am definitely a person that needs change.  It also drives me crazy when you can't wash your car after weeks of crap on it.

Last night, I stopped and got some groceries.... I have 3 movies and have called off work (hehe).... all I can say is bring it on....

No comments:

Post a Comment