Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Elementary...


Tonight was my first Tuesday night movie with the gang... and it seems that I'm off to a bad start.  We went to see Sherlock Holmes... after what seemed like 25 previews, the movie started... and then the typical happened... in walked a couple... late... with bags of candy and popcorn and drinks... and sat right behind me (I have a bullseye larger than Target's painted on the back of my head, it seems).  After they had to open everything up and rattle everything, then they proceeded to talk.. and talk.... and talk.  I don't know what it is with people that think that it's audience participation in a theater... it's basic (elementary) rules of being in public.  Obviously not the Valedictorian and the runner up of their class, they seemed to go on forever talking jibberish about nothing in particular, certainly not the movie... and certainly not with any inclination that the whole rest of the theater was actually trying to watch the movie.  I have a very short fuse when it comes to chit-chatters in movies... as well as popcorn poppers... and bag crunchers.... foot tappers and snifflers... and nose breathers and  wheezers too... so of course I had to say something.  And, God love him, Matt, who was sitting next to me (and weighs all of 101 pounds) chimed in as well.  After a brief period where I thought I might get clobbered and Matt snapped in half like a twig by the huge guy, they settled down and, subsequently, ran out of the theater at the end of the movie.

I think the movie was good and I enjoyed it, after I calmed down.  It was one of those period pieces in early England where it never stops raining and everyone is dirty and the streets are filthy as well... I couldn't wait to take a shower.  The plot was excellent... there was a good connection with all the actors and the cinematography was very well done.  Very entertaining.  I'd give it 4 Bubonic Plague filled rats out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment