Friday, January 29, 2010

Gets my Rattle Going....

As stated to the right in my list of things that I dislike, I can't stand snakes.  I can't even look at them from 50 feet away... I don't know what it is about them, but rest assured, if I see one, it's a given that I will have a nightmare about snakes that night.  You can set your watch to it.

This morning, I woke up with my heart racing and I was exhausted because I was having a dream about being chased by a snake.  And as unbelievable as their speed to catch me was, it was very real.  I have these heart-pumping dreams often... most times about being chased... and, still, about my dog (who passed) running out into the street.  Other than being a movie in 1953, I couldn't find the origin of the term 'scared stiff', but I would venture to guess, based on my heart rate, that other people, like dear sweet Aunt Ida, didn't just pass in their sleep quietly... dreaming of blowing daisies in a field or a puppy sleeping in the sun... I'm sure that they were dreaming of something horrifiying, like maybe a visit from their grand kids, that gave them a heart attack in the middle of the night.  This is the way I'm going to go, I'm sure of it.  I better start wearing something nicer to bed (and underwear), like that suit that I have that I wear with the matching snake-skin belt/shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment