I prefer to think that I have a realistic outlook on life... and while I don't think that I'm a pessimist, I'm definitely not a card-carrying optimist. I play the odds, and even Murphy's Law says that when things can go wrong, they will. I get a certain sense of security in the insecure. I take extra steps to prepare for the worse, and fortunately, my mind works that way so that I don't actually spend time doing anything extra... it's how I'm wired.
When it comes to flying, I take everything I think I would need (still fitting it into only one bag) and I have always been the person that would rather get to the airport hours before the flight.... grab some coffee.... watch the people... etc.... rather than rushing to get here right on time. The only time that it bites me in the ass is when I have a 6 a.m. flight, then being early really bites.
So, here I am at the airport... two hours before the flight. And considering the last bomb threat and heightened security (as reported sensationally by the media), I have flown three times since then... 4 minutes at curbside check-in and making it through security anywhere from 3 - 7 minutes... with not so much as a second look from TSA. So here's one example of realism biting me in the ass.... but I don't mind sitting here.
I have looked at the weather for Ft. Lauderdale... doesn't look that great, but in comparison, it's a heat wave. Progressively thoughout the week, it's going to get warmer.... up to 80 with lows climbing from the, now, 37, into the mid 60's. I have a lot of work anyway, so it's not like I'm going to be lounging on the beach, but I hope to get it all done by week's end and relax a few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment