Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Zip-itty-Do-Da

Last night, Mike and I had a healthy dinner and walked up to the area where all the spring-breakers hang out.  It's where most of the night clubs are, so it's crazy busy with people milling about.  We saw some guy holding a large python, another with a monkey and two guys holding baby lions... it's like a circus.  We didn't drink or go into the clubs, but it was nice to be around all that energy.  Between the heat, the sun, walking a lot, working out every morning and trying not to eat everything in sight, my energy is low... I'm exhausted.  Today, we did our workout at 7 a.m., then hit the breakfast buffet.  They had every kind of frest fruit, plantains, mexican cuisine, an omelet and waffle station, a spread of meats and cheeses, another of baked goods, another of.... let's just say that it was very extensive.  We ate kind of healthy, but I treated myself with my favorite pastry, which has chocolate fudgy goodness in the center.  I will say that although I didn't stuff myself, I felt so guilty for eating a bigger meal and wanted to purge.  Oh well, I'm on vacation.  I'm heading to the pool again in a bit.  My greatest talent in life is tanning, sadly... and with being out there only a few hours so far, I am so dark.  I'll be posting a pic later today.

Tomorrow, we signed up for an excursion 45 minutes south of here almost to Tulum, called Xplor.  I've been here three other times and have done a number of the excursions already.... Tulum, Chitzen Itza, Xel-Ha, Isal Mujares, Cozumel... but Mike hasn't done any of it.  On his bucket list is to do a zip-line, so we picked Xplor because I've never been there, but there's also some caves that you swim through and 8 zip-lines, high above the jungle.  I have a fear of heights and I'm claustrophobic, so I will be pushing my limits tomorrow.  It should be fun... and you only live once.  We'll be gone 12 hours, and for $114.00, that's nothing in comparison.  They also provide you with a locker, a huge buffet on the beach and drinks.  I'm looking forward to it.  They take youre picture while you're zip-lining.... mine will probably be of me screaming though.

4 comments:

  1. David - I am so happy for you! It sounds like heaven and I am living vicariously through you! I could never even dream of such a place! I can't wait to hear about the caves and zip line excursion - I am like you - claustrophobic and petrified (not just scared) of heights! I would still do it also! I love the pics and can't wait to see more - keep on enjoying babe! Miss ya and love ya - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting! I'm glad you are having such a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're having a blast......can't wait to hear all the stories. And yes, I'm changing your name to Pedro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with "chocolately fudgy goodness" nor with guys showing off their pythons and monkeys...

    ReplyDelete