Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tids and Bits

Not yet... my little babies.... not time to sprout yet... go back in and hibernate.... because that fucking large rat, Phil, doesn't know what he's talking about.  Tonight, we are under a winter storm warning, meaning that we can get 6+ inches of snow throughout the night and into the morning.  Really?  I came home for this?

Tomorrow, I am supposed to have a luncheon with a good friend of mine, Keith, from out of town... if the world doesn't end and we don't get buried.  He wants to go to the Hard Rock, since he collects the pins... and I haven't been down there in years even though it's 12 minutes from my house, so it should be great.  He's also bringing me a copy of the Grand Canyon pictures that we took on our trip out there about 5 years ago (since I lost all my pictures when my computer crashed).  Even though that area represents my darkest hour (and would-be burial place via a large jump), it's still close in my heart, much like a box of Twinkies is like an old friend to me now.  The West is kind of where I really 'found' myself.  Luckily, someone else didn't have to find me at the bottom.

Tomorrow night, Robin and I are going on a 'proper date'.  We always seem to dish over a cup of coffee at Barnes and Noble and with our friendship entering a stronger phase, it'll be good to have a nice night out.  She's been so supportive lately, not that she always hasn't been (in her way).  We're going to our favorite restaurant... the one that the cute boy, Stu, works at and I'm still working that angle (the jury is still out on if he's a 'mo or not).  For the time being, I can fantasize. I will try to snap a picture.  Then we're heading to the movies to see Red Riding Hood, which seems to be the best out of anything right now at the movies.  What a bunch of crap they're slinging right now.

I'm off to the gym... who would have ever guessed that I would switch my source of comfort from a Push Up (the delicious, cool, orange creaminess in a cylinder that you push up from the bottom) to a push up (the act of trying to get your creamy fat, orange (or tanned, in my case) bottom off the floor and still look cool).

4 comments:

  1. Push ups of the later sort are much better for you, indeed.
    Avoid Twinkies, of all types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Last Blast of Winter huh? I remember it well when I used to live in Downingtown, PA. Spring has arrived on your blog though. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. March .... in like a lamb out like a lion ! My 84 year old neighbor says instead of watching FOX5 I need to get a good old fashion Farmers Almanac !

    ReplyDelete