Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tids N Bits

I'm off to the gym, so this post will be quick.  Incidentally, I'm hovering around 177 lbs now... at some point, I crossed a threshold beyond the 180ish range... I'll be excited to see if my fat percentage dropped more as well since my last one of 17.8%.

I watched the first elimination of American Idol the other night and , I called it.  Ashthon went home.  She reminds me of the girl last year or the year before with the big hair that looked like she should have been able to bring it home and make it her own, but did nothing but the opposite.  As far as AI boyfriends to marry... I'm still partial to Stefano, but Paul has a beautiful smile... and the Adam Lambert-esque one is cute as well.  Lauren seems to have the personality to win, but I think Pia will be hot on her trail... and when I say hot... I mean HOT.  For about three seconds, I found myself drawn to her beauty and great personality and thought about how tan our babies would be.

We didn't get any of the snow predicted the other day, although it was wet enough to stick to everything and make it pretty for about 4 minutes.  That, of course, was upstaged by the tsunami and earthquake and flooding.  Yep.... no such thing as global warming. (idiots)

So, I came in rather late (or early depending how you look at it) the other day.  I've been chatting with someone that found me on Facebook over the last couple of days and it's been going well as friends.  We had a chance to meet for a drink, which turned into about 6 followed by a long-anticipated old-fashioned kiss and singing Glee songs in his truck.  With all that's been going on over the last month or so, I am ready to give my heart to someone that wants it... and deserves it.  Will this be him?  Not sure yet... there are a few hurdles to overcome.  We'll see.  It's good to feel something again though.

We had dinner last night at my favorite place and with a little prodding and snooping from Robin, we got to the bottom of what's going on with Stu, the very cute, adorable, charming waiter.  Needless to say, he was all but happy to give his phone number to Robin when I was away from the table... for her daughter, Courtney.  So, he's a 'mo no mo(re).  They will have beautiful babies together and live happily ever after, and I will become the (old) maid of honor or some shit.  Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.  I'm happy for them.  Courtney showed up after the movie, right at the time that we all walked out of the theater and Stu was walking out of the restaurant.... it was so cute... they talked for a while, exchanged numbers, made a date for Tuesday and I threw up my sirloin medallions with sweet potato mash and side of broccoli.  Time to find a new restaurant and waiter to stalk.  Robin and I were both sad.  Especially Robin, since the gay man inside of her was anxiously wanting to date Stu through me.  At least he'll be her son-in-law.  Maybe I can pick a guy that doesn't live somewhere else... isn't straight... in a relationship... is a serial killer... has three of something that other people only have two of... I can't seem to win.

A bunch of friends and I are going out tonight, so that will be fun.  Sadly, it's the night where it's not as fun being in a bar when the time is moved forward and you lose an hour of partying, dancing and hangover recovery.

3 comments:

  1. Optimism is the key. If you expect the worst,
    the worst will happen. You are your own stress,
    your own anger, your own sadness, and frustration.
    If you let things bother you, they will. So don’t let them.
    Just be happy. Nothing in life is easy, so make the best of it. Don’t dwell on the negatives.

    I wished I could join you tonight D@vid. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on cracking 180lbs. You're milestone was the inspiration I needed to talk myself off my couch to head to the gym for a quick run today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when can we expect you for dinner? Let's keep and eye on Pia's wardrobe this season, maybe we can find you something nice for the wedding. btw...thanks for finally recognizing my inner gay man ;)

    ReplyDelete