As a landscaper, it's been inspiring to be around greenery again in the middle of winter, which will carry me through the next month or so until the buds pop up out of the ground, looking for some spring sunshine, offering hope of better weather to come and reminding us that through hardship, pushing through the bloom rewards us with beauty. I leave you with some of the floral beauty of Cancun: (Double click, then click again for detail)
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Leaving For Home Today
I'm sitting in the chair I've been blogging in all week long... the window is open and a huge, warm breeze is blowing in as I overlook the swaying palm trees... the pool... and the turquoise water of the ocean. It's a moment in time that I won't soon forget and it's been home for me for a week, as well as a portal to those that I love. As phenomenal as it is, I am ready to head home... I could use a dose of slushy, cold weather... the sight of some toast crumbs (via my Dad's breakfast) and my own pillow and woobie... in other words, home. I'm taking home memories in my mind and some sand in my suitcase... and tearing up over leaving a piece of my heart.
As a landscaper, it's been inspiring to be around greenery again in the middle of winter, which will carry me through the next month or so until the buds pop up out of the ground, looking for some spring sunshine, offering hope of better weather to come and reminding us that through hardship, pushing through the bloom rewards us with beauty. I leave you with some of the floral beauty of Cancun: (Double click, then click again for detail)
As a landscaper, it's been inspiring to be around greenery again in the middle of winter, which will carry me through the next month or so until the buds pop up out of the ground, looking for some spring sunshine, offering hope of better weather to come and reminding us that through hardship, pushing through the bloom rewards us with beauty. I leave you with some of the floral beauty of Cancun: (Double click, then click again for detail)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful pictures.
ReplyDeleteMakes me wish spring was, well, springing.
I love how you say what you say
ReplyDeletestinko!
ReplyDeleteJust as I get back on line, you are coming home. I am never on time.
I have some entries to catch up.....