
One of the side projects this year is having to repair the pond at the Marriott, which sprung a leak on the waterfall part. I pretty much have to take it all apart and replace the lining and possibly cement a new waterfall pathway, or at the very least, silicone the hell out of it so there's no loss of water when it's running. With the water in it frozen right now, there was nothing much I could do yesterday with the repairing part. It was my plan to fix that first before doing the clean up on the rest of the property this year. With the idiot wedding planner last week booking an outside wedding for April 2nd in this area, it made it more of a priority to get going on it, but looking at the weather for the next 10 days, it's not supposed to get above 45 degrees, so I doubt that the wedding is going to happen, and neither is repairing the pond at this point. How the poor fish can endure that cold water is beyond me... but you can see them in the picture in the middle of the pond, hovering together (orange Carp).
I spent yesterday in the creek over the hill, pulling big flat stones out of the water, then having to lug them up the embankment, load them into the truck and haul them to the pond area... then having to carry them about 100 feet because I can't get the truck close enough to where they're going. These were the rocks that I was going to 'pave' the front of the pond with so that guests and employees who want to look in at the fish don't trample everything that I plant in front of the pond. Three hours later, I was drenched from stepping/falling into the creek... and I managed to dig out the existing stones from the permafrost mulch around the pond and, giving up on 'paving' because it looked horrible, I just repositioned the stones around the edge, giving it a neat appearance, which will have to be good enough. It's too cold to be messing with it right now, so I am back out into the parking lot today (where it's sunny and as warm as it can be (18 degrees here now)) for the rest of the week cleaning up beds and islands, getting ready to mulch early what I can to be ahead of the game, rather than behind like last year. Taking over for the slugs that had the contract the year before gave me plenty of work to do that they didn't... but last year, I did a great Fall clean up, so I'm in good shape.
After yesterday, I came home not feeling well... cold, exhausted and flu-like, so I went to bed at 3:30 and short an hour or two of waking up here and there... I slept until 9:00 this morning. Even though it's been about 80 days on the new diet and I lost 14 pounds while gaining muscle mass and lowered my body fat percentage to 16.2% from 20+%, it's obvious that I'm going to need to up my calorie intake to be able to do my job without passing out every day.

I'm coming over to help you out...lol that is, once I am done fixing my own back yard...I have a leak in the swimming pool, the well stopped running and the cold weather killed a lot of the plants.
ReplyDeletesaludos,
raulito
Don't over do it with the diet buddy. You have to give your body fuel, but I understand the fear of over consuming.
ReplyDeleteWe have a small artificial water feature (pond) by the side of our pool that desperately needs maintenance...what would it cost to fly you here to work on it? Perks include free room and board at Chez Breen, use of the heated in-ground pool. Limitless cocktails and home cooked meals and at least one evening of skinny dipping with other men almost as woofy as you. Only requirements are that you must at LEAST work shirtless and not be bothered by a string of men lounging by the pool watching you work while they whistle and clap and perhaps make small requests for you to pose and flex for them throughout the weekend.
I await your rates.
Actually .... a Slim Fast Shake or two will replenish all the vital nutrients you need!
ReplyDeleteJim's Stuff turned me on to your site. I get to the Burgh quite often for business. If you're up for a dinner on my expense account, let me know.
ReplyDeleteI am proud for your success wit the diet ( you are doing better than I!)
ReplyDeletebut do watch your health - it does sound like low energy from lack of homeostais.
Just don't eat no Snickers bars.
Damn, mr. Butch Stud!
ReplyDeleteI think I have a few projects around here that I need your help with!
yeah I have a little bush that could need some trimming too tee hee
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of how much I miss the three ponds I built on my former property in Pennsylvania. I know how much work is involved and I sympathize with you. Please take care of yourself though. You can lose weight but not too much too fast. Do it gradually over a period of time by permanently changing your eating habits.
ReplyDeleteOne good thing about an outdoor wedding in early April: the ice sculptures won't melt. That makes it all worth while...
ReplyDelete