Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Great Place To Be

As the days wind down and the vacation comes to a close, I am neither saddened nor anxious to get home as I always am... realizing that I have everything I need in my heart right now.  And while I didn't depart from a heavy work schedule to get here, to treat yourself with such paradise should be a requirement as a human being.  I'd recommend selling your youngest child or a lung to get here, since it's that vital to your state of mind and well-being.  We have today and tomorrow and leave Saturday.

Yesterday's trip tired the hell out of me, and despite being exhausted, we pushed and went to the gym today.  I'm not sure where I am weight wise since I haven't gone buck-wild eating here, but I have had to make some not so healthy choices out of necessity.  I'm glad that we worked out every day except yesterday.  I feel so much better about myself, I can't even put it into words.  It's like I have shed the old me that's a stranger now, erased from my body and my mind.  What a healthy state to be in.  I'm not quite there and I'll be glad to be back home where I can control my workout and food intake more closely, but I'm proud of where I am in my progress.  Thanks for all the support and comments... it helps, but I'm just trying to expose myself... not in a open trenchcoat kind of way, but more in a qualifying way to myself.

I'm off to the pool.  I have no patience for laying out in the sun, but with the pool only a matter of a few feet away and the ocean a little beyond that, It's tough to not take it in.

9 comments:

  1. You look (and sound) amazing. Forgive my envy and illicit thoughts, my friend. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAY-UM son. You are looking GOOD........you make me want to lose my blub. If I only had time..............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting away from the regular routine is always good. I'm glad you were able to do and and have a good time as well. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you are willing to take a photo without a shirt...it is downright hot...

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woof! Let me know if you have a layover in Dallas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a 6 pack I see??!!?? Damn - your motivating me now mister! Glad your having an awesome time - enjoy the rest of the trip and have a safe trip home! Miss ya and love ya - my friend - Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm joining the chorus. You're inspiring me to get off my duff and work a little more. Thankfully, spring is near.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vacations from our surroundings and routine are vital. Glad you are enjoying yours. Love the photo! You are hot. ;-)

    ReplyDelete