Monday, February 1, 2010

It Was A Crumby Day... My Life Is For The Birds

Since I haven't been feeling well, despite turning the heat up a bit at the other house to start on the kitchen, I haven't made it over there yet.  Instead, I decided to do some deep cleaning on this place... being away for about a month... it's gets away from you.

We were fortunate to be able to move into a completely brand new place... just move in and you're ready to go... no refurbishing or cleaning up someone else's mess.  I guess since I'm spending so much time cleaning up my Dad's place, I have so much anxiety about this place getting out of hand.

My Dad is a creature of habit.  Every morning, he feeds the birds with the feeder hanging off the porch, turns the fireplace on to take the chill off (from 64 degrees to a Boca Raton 72), make some coffee out of grounds that have been in there for days, adding a scoop here or there.... making his toast with butter and jelly.... turning on his a.m. radio station and having the TV on at the same time (despite the fact that he can't hear me speaking directly to him any other time)... and it's a day full of Cash Cab, The Price is Right and every Western movie that a station is willing to air.  Then, the night-time move to the TV up in his sitting room, where it's Murder She Wrote, etc. until about 11 p.m.  How, then, does one little old man with a cup of coffee, two pieces of bread and a stray bird make so much mess?

I have always been a clean freak.... so much that my friends years ago ordered me a cake in the shape of a Clorox bottle.  It's an aphrodisiac for me.  Today, I cleaned the entire first floor... with an emphasis on the kitchen, where I probably swept 2 pounds of crumbs and bird seed from every crack and crevice.  And after a few hours of this, my Dad comes home from taking my brother some where and... makes coffee... two pieces of toast and turns the TV on... he missed The Price is Right... but was just in time for The Family Feud... cause I almost busted him up.  Why can't he just eat cereal?

1 comment: