Well, I guess I can admit when I'm wrong... or at least doubtful. And I suppose I can be blamed for taunting Mother Nature to drop "The Winter Powerhouse" on our heads. I think I will keep my mouth shut from here on out. After a day and a half of snowing, I think we topped out at around 20+/- inches of snow, making this storm the 3rd or 4th worse one that Pittsburgh has ever seen.... declaring it as a state of emergency.
I was keeping up on our driveway on Friday night... I shoveled it a few times, which wasn't easy but, overnight, the wrath of hell fell upon us. I started shoveling our 30 foot long, 2 car wide driveway around 7:15 a.m. and finished around noon. The main problem being the snow drifts and having no where to put the snow when shoveling it. Since we're a new housing plan, the snow shovels didn't come down at all... so when they finally did come down, they brought a backhoe... and even that got stuck.
Friday night, the power was off for about ten minutes... and then for a few hours overnight, but fortunately for us, it was back on in the morning. Matt was not so lucky. His power went out Friday night and just came back on this morning. With Nick, his dog, sick and cold, I made it over there in my 4x4 to take him to Matt's sister's house where he'd be warm. I had no problems on the road with the 4x4 engaged... except for dodging stupid drivers, downed trees everywhere and mounds of snow. The only casualty we had was our internet... which is still off. I made it to Barnes and Noble today to have a connection with the outside world.
You take for granted that necessities will be there... electricity, gas, water... and not to sound like a big baby, but I have a hard time without internet connection. I hate admitting that. I would have never made it in settler times... without the necessities like an oxen... and a plow.... Oh hell, who am I kidding.... the necessities are Starbucks, pizza and internet.




No comments:
Post a Comment