The showpieces, I would say, were a few of the Cadillac's and the new Corvette Stingray. Looking like something right out of the future, they were refreshing in design.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Pittsburgh Auto Show
Today, we (Ricky, Tony, Matt, Brian and Tom) went to the auto show. I'm a pretty even-keeled person... even my dream cars are within reach when it comes to price tag... so the expensive cars really don't impress me. I'm more impressed by something that's cheaper that gives you good quality and quantity and I really don't need much anyway. Along those lines, I was really impressed with how Hyundai has turned their company around to be a badge of style, short the flagship smaller cars. With the 2010 Motortrend Car of the Year being the Ford Fusion and Truck of the Year being that ugly Ford european-looking panel van, I expected more from them. The new Focus wasn't there at the show... but it's supposed to be very stylish. VW has come up with a replacement for the Jetta, but that wasn't there either. Since I've always been a Detroit musclecar type of guy, I liked the Dodge Charger and my favorite truck, the Ram Hemi. Give me a racing stripe, a tail fin and some big tires and I'm content. The new BMW Gran Turismo crossover was pretty interesting... we all seemed to like it.
The showpieces, I would say, were a few of the Cadillac's and the new Corvette Stingray. Looking like something right out of the future, they were refreshing in design.
The showpieces, I would say, were a few of the Cadillac's and the new Corvette Stingray. Looking like something right out of the future, they were refreshing in design.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






dave, you are turning all hetro on me!
ReplyDelete