Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gotta Love a Hairy Guy

Tonight, despite the bad roads, some of us braved the weather to see The Wolfman, starring Benicio Del Toro, Anthony Hopkins and Emily Blunt.  Between not being a fan of horror movies, the cheesy way that they do them and hearing awful reviews... I wasn't looking forward to seeing it.  Only playing in XD and paying $10.50 instead of the regular bargain night $5.25, let me just tell you, it was soooooooo worth it.


Set in 1891 in London, the scenery was totally perfect for the backdrop of a decent story line... there wasn't anything that was trite, cliche' or unbelievable about it.  And although I figured out the twist in the first 20 minutes, it still kept me on the edge of my seat.  Not since Jurassic Park have I been continually scared to death many, many times throughout a movie... almost to the point of making a sissy in my pants.  And although it was pretty gruesome, it was the simple unexpected that was so startling.  Even the CG was believable.  This movie is a must-see, especially for horror fans. And there will definitely be a WM II.  I give it 4 howls at the full moon out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment