Wednesday, February 24, 2010

American Idol Update

I've been a little behind this season with American Idol.  By this time, I have selected my AI boyfriend and we've moved in together already.  I've been trying to catch up... finally watching the top 12 girls tonight.  With Simon stating that it was the girl's year, I expected some great things... none of them had the 'wow' factor and they really weren't good.  Katelyn Epperly and Michelle Delamor seem to be the commercial favorites... but my favorites are Didi Benami and Lilly Scott, with Siobhan Magnus close behind. 

For the boys, there weren't even that many that stood out, in fact, having to make a boyfriend selection might send me back to mackin' on girls again.  Two of my original favorites for BF were Lee Dewyze and Tim Urban.  Tim didn't make it in the top 24 but, after someone was removed, he was brought back in.  Cute as a button and looking current, he choose a song that he just couldn't pull off... so I'm hesitant to pick him because the only way that he'll be back is on the cuteness vote.  Lee did Snow Patrol's Chasing Cars and most of the judges said it wasn't good... but Simon totally disagreed... so maybe I'll have my people contact his camp and set up a date for me to tell him that I've picked him.  Still though... Tim... let's do lunch... it's not over for you yet.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I was kinda disappointed with the guys. There were some good performances, but nothing that blew me away. As for BF material...Joe Munoz is incredibly cute (but too young), and Casey James (OMG), but would have to do something with the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. persoanlly I would pick Ellen.......
    now dave these two lads are a little old for you arnt they??
    tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPOILER ALERT (for you TiVO users)

    Okay...looks as though the "cuteness factor" saved Tim this round. Tyler Grady deserved to go. But little Joe? Come on!

    ReplyDelete