Last night, I watched my required viewing of the Olympics: Men's Figure Skating. As I stated in a previous blog, I started watching Be Good Johnny Weir, a reality show about, well, Johnny Weir. Gay, flamboyant and full of attitude... I LOVE HIM. He is exactly who he is and doesn't give a shit what anyone says or thinks. That being said, he brings a lot of controversy upon himself with some of the things that he says and the costumes that he wears, including flack from PETA for wearing some fur on his costumes. Although the national champion 3 times in a row, the Olympics were kind of a long-shot with his age and inconsistency, but it did make for great TV, at least in sheer anticipation. He had a very nice short program and did well, but others did great and he squeaked by the cut at 6th place. I think his overt behavior hurts him; people in the industry think that he isn't the right image for the sport... and I think they judge him harshly... but honestly, if it weren't for catching his reality show, I wouldn't have tuned in to watch skating at all. On Thursday, they have the free-skate program... it would take a miracle for him to medal, but with Johnny Weir, you never know.
In other mindless TV news, Tool Academy starts it's third season. Tricked into being on the show by their codependent, glutton-for-punishment girlfriends, these Jersey-Shoresque neanderthals compete for $100k by completing a series of challenges that earn them badges, like the communication badge, after they have completed skill-building tasks with their partner without killing them, themselves or the other contestants. Filled with big, stupid guys and an overload of testosterone, it proves an interesting viewing of idiotic human behavior.
In American Idol news, the auditions went on and they were able to get down to the 12 boys and 12 girls to start the show. Sadly, only one or two of my boyfriend hopefuls have made it. And although they keep saying that this year has the best talent, so far, from what they show you, it doesn't seem that way. They do seem to only show you what they want to though... and some people get more airtime than others. My office tried contacting my favored choice, Noel Turner, through his Facebook page. Apparently they asked him if he had made it through and the next day, he went incognito with his profile, taking his pictures down and making it totally private. He never replied to me... errr... my office... and I think that I can add 'crazy stalker fan' to my resume now. Being in the spotlight means that your life is open for viewing.... even your Facebook page... and sometimes it sucks to be famous.... it isn't easy for me, but I'm learning to deal with it.



No comments:
Post a Comment