Every evening, I watch TV until I fall asleep. Often times, if I'm watching a DVD,at the end of the movie, the menu music will play over and over and over again. And although annoying, it's not worth waking up to find the remotes to shut it down. Lately, I've been getting up, strangely, within 2 minutes +/- of 7 a.m., but last night I was watching the Sundance channel before I passed out... and I woke up to, what I thought, was the sound of an angel coming down (duh... that should have gave it away right there) and I was confused, in a dazed state... the movie 'The Last Mistress' was rolling it's credits and this angelic, yet eerie, song was playing. Definitely one of the coolest sensations I've ever had.
By Henry Purcell, The Plaint (translation: To wail, protest, beat one's chest) is a slow, yet moving piece... full of emotion and a controlled sense of anguish.
No comments:
Post a Comment