Wednesday, February 10, 2010

No Rest for the Weary

I think I can speak for everyone in that we're all tired of the snow and everything to do with it.  I'd like to just pull the shade down and forget it's there. We got an additional 6 inches with a possibility of a few more before it's all over... for today... Some more on the way tomorrow.  Schools were closed today... we never got a day off for snow when we were kids... and we had to walk to school with no shoes on, stop at the General Store to see Ike Godsey and then plow the fields when we got home.  Me, John-boy, Mary Ellen, Jim Bob, Ben.... oh wait, that wasn't me... that was the Waltons.  Nevermind. Now I don't feel incestual that I thought Ben was hot.

 I haven't felt well this past week, but that hasn't stopped the need for snow to be shoveled.  After shoveling our and then my Aunt's driveway, I took a nice hot shower and thought I would go for a coffee and catch up on what's going on in Hollywood, but Barnes and Noble was closed... so I'm at Panera instead, drinking sub-par coffee with the smell of toast and Muzak in the background.

1 comment: