Most times, Mother Nature is working against me; too much humidity to breath... pouring down rain... not enough rain... it makes landscaping difficult. But in this instance, the heavens have opened up, plopped down a few feet of snow on top of the trees, and broke them in half or uprooted them. Marriott, my big client, had me take 7 tall bushes out last week... and today (I thought I'd be working over at my Dad's) I got a call to take out 3 pine trees that fell against the building/glass windows. So I cut them down/up and took them to the composting site... and cleaned up a number of other trees that snapped... and there are another 5-7 that I'll have to take out around their pool. Last season, I suggested that we take them out since they were half-dead... see, they should have listened to me. Not only that, but I'll get to put new stuff in to replace them this year.
I always hate to pull out a tree... since I'm definitely a tree-hugger to an extent... the way the branch brushes up against my cheek... the way the leaves blowing in the wind call out to me in a sinuey whisper... the way the bark feels against... Oh.. sorry... nevermind.
It was sunny and 40 degrees out... except for the snow, it was the perfect day to be out... I can't wait to get back to work. My friend, Matt, called me today and was complaining about having to clean up after everyone at work. I told him to be glad he didn't have to clean up after Mother Nature... that bitch makes a mess... tearin' it all up.

Quit molesting the Maples!!!
ReplyDelete