I'd like to welcome a new friend to Pittsburgh... Berry. A few months ago, his company decided to open an office here in da 'burgh... and after a few trips up to find living arrangements and get the office organized... he's making his trek northward from the Carolinas tomorrow... hope his moving truck has snowshoes on it!
Gentle and kind, intelligent and introspective... I'm looking forward to getting to know him better and to show him how to be a true 'Yinzer'. With his last visit, he already has had Primanti's in his belly... check that off your list! Since most of my friends wind up getting nicknames... I dub thee 'Berrylicious"!
Welcome, friend!!
Read his love letter from his blog:
Dear Pittsburgh,
I realize that I have not known you long. Barely at all. But I think I'm fallin' in love with you. I think about you all the time, and I am even now preparing to be closer to you. IN you, in fact. I hope that this isn't moving too fast. I love to look at you and wonder what the future holds for us. I love thinkin' about all of the grand things that we will do together. And all of the naughty things I will be doin' inside of you. Yes I am in love. Its okay that you were born before the majority of my family tree. Its okay that you are cheating on me with god knows how many people. Its even okay that when we sleep together, we will never be alone. I love you anyway.
Although, Pittsburgh, I do have a few complaints. Could you pretty please stop being so cold? It just isn't very becoming of a gentleman, especially one of such royalty. Our love should warm those cold nights, and bring sunshine into our lives. Not the harsh cold. Don't fight me on this. Also, could you please stop trying to keep me out by building up large, cold, white walls around yourself. It will not deter me. And pretty pretty please stop crying your little powdery tears, they are so hard to manage. I almost can't deal with it. And besides, I can't always see the real you through them.
Even after all that, I'm lookin' forward to being reunited with you. Then we can resume exploring the inner workings of your being, and seeing just how well we fit together. Until then my Ice King.
Your Sun Prince,
Berry Jr.
Berry has a delightful sense of humor. I'm sure it'll be fun welcoming him into the fold!
ReplyDeleteDid you hear that Pittsburgh, we were nominated for the 2010 best couple of year. We're famous. OOOOO Weeeee Booooyyy!!!! LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for the warm welcome David, and the free advertising. LOL! I'm lookin' forward to seeing what Pittsburgh is all about. And I wanna thank you for both the "shout out" and the wonderful introduction to the city. It was definitely a good way to initiate my transition into a converted "Yinzer". Let the good times begin!!!
Berry -
ReplyDeleteWelcome, welcome, welcome......I am a transplant myself - although I've lived here since 1979, when David and I were just pups! Once you get here and get settled, you, David and I will have to "lunch"!
Looking forward to meeting you! N'at (that'll make sense soon).
:)
Julie
Julie,
ReplyDeleteIf you are the lady with the next #1 hit single, then honey, we must "lunch". ("Brave Enough" is my favorite song of your myspace selection btw. Loving the lyrics, and you ROCK on vocals) I look forward to meeting you as well. Thanks for the welcome.
Well, unfortunately, I can't take credit for the lyrics. Our guitar player, Jeff DeSantis is one kick ass songwriter. He is absolutely incredible. I CAN take credit for the vocals however - thanks so much for the compliment! Can't wait to meet you......when do you become a full-fledged Burgher?
ReplyDeleteI become an offical Burhger in the morrow. I'm so excited. I am one nights worth of sleep, and a twelve hour drive away. The time is almost upon us.
ReplyDelete