I went across the street to the bar last night and hung out with people from high school. After our reunion back in October, we had a little gathering at another bar right before Christmas. It's nice to reminisce about the olden days, and it helped that they were playing some 80's music on the jukebox. One of the sports stars was there and I had a crush on him, so it was interesting getting to know him some 25 years later. We're all just people trying to get through life. As damaging as high school can be to your reputation and self-confidence, to name a few, being popular and not being popular gets you pretty much to the same place in life. I had three drinks while I was there, which is a no-no for the diet, with all the sugar in the alcohol. It apparently did it's harm, because this morning I was pretty much at the same weight as yesterday.
Today, I'm heading to the RV show. Not that I'd buy a brand new one, but it's nice to look. If I do get the job bartending at camp, which I should know about soon, I would be either getting a small employee room or they'd give me free lot rent, which is $2,000/yr. If I can pick up a cheap trailer, it may be worth my while to do that to utilize the benefit. It would also be nice to have a small trailer that I could hook up to my truck and take off with across the country. I have these fantasies of hooking it up, having the dog that I don't have jump in with me and go out on an adventure out west with the time that I don't have in the summer. There's a lot of the desert area around Utah and Arizona that I'd like to explore... maybe make a campfire, roast a weenus or two (one for me and one for the dog) and sing a round of Kumbaya or some shitty, twangy country song... just like when me and Injun' Joe would head out onto the Plains on our horses spitting chew tobaccy, sharing a sleeping bag at night, holding each other to stay warm, skinny-dipping in the river the next morning and.... oh, wait.... that's another fantasy altogether.

Look at you in your high school pictures Dave! Cool dude. :)
ReplyDeleteHigh school reunions are very interesting. My first one was the 20th. I've been to the 35th, 40th, 45th and 50th in 2009. I was like many others in high school, not feeling popular and on the outside looking in but like you, I find that a lot of my classmates felt the same way. I now keep all the records and even a blog for my class. The lack of self-confidence is gone now. I wish I felt this way when I was in high school, my life would have probably been much different. But then I think everything happens for a reason and we all evolve in our own way. It is good to attend all your reunions and keep in touch with your former classmates. Just this morning I had a long conversation on the phone with my best friend in high school. We were joking about we're old men now. I played the Sousaphone and he played the bass drum in marching band. We still have young minds. Friends are good for your health. Keep them.
Lovin the senior pictures! FUN!
ReplyDeleteI always thought those little vintage airstream campers were neat.
I do hope you come to Arizona, that way I can meet you! there is no lack of trailer places in Arizona - some cities are full of them in the wintertime.
ReplyDeleteSummertime is brutal for trailer park living in the desert - too hot !
LMAO! Thanks for the chuckle.
ReplyDelete