Friday, January 14, 2011

Shedding

I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing about it, but this is day 6 of the diet/exercise program, with 43 days to go.  Starting out at 190 and weighing 185 yesterday, today I weigh 183... I've lost 7 lbs. in 6 days.  On one hand it's hard to believe, but on the other, with all the crap that I ate and drank, it's no wonder. 

Yesterday, I had my cheesy eggs for breakfast, and I bought this bag of pre-cooked sirloin strips, so I had 8 oz of that for lunch, with a few slices of turkey lunchmeat and some cheese cubes for an in-between snack, and a spinach leaf salad with litle balsalmic dressing, cheese, pepperoni and sirloin strips in it for dinner.  I had 4 bottles of water and a venti skinny vanilla latte (skim milk and sugar-free syrup) at the Starbucks downtown (I went to the RV show, which wasn't open until later in the day and already paid for parking for two hours, was freezing walking around and caved in).  It feels great to not be bloated or uncomfortable bending over.  I haven't made it to the gym yet... imagine how much better if I was doing that... I'm meeting friends there this morning.

Tonight, there's another high school gathering at a bar which is literally across the street from me.  I won't be drinking since alcohol is filled with sugar.  It will be nice to see people that didn't make it to the last one.

3 comments:

  1. I am doing the same thing; I empathize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news that you lost 7 pounds in 6 days! That is quite an accomplishment. By the way, I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not tired of reading about your quest to drop weight, on the contrary.
    My weight is back up to 165 (6'3" tall) since I stopped my morning 2 mile walk on the boardwalk. I can't walk in the cold. This summer when I was walking every morning my weight got down to a hard 156, which is where I am most comfortable. I know how good it feels not to feel bloated.
    A couple of hints, try to cut back on the cheese and definitely no lunchmeat. Lunchmeat is full of all kinds of chemicals, salt and who knows what else? I look forward to your continued progress.
    Another BTW, I used to live in Pittsburgh......Shadyside. How are things there these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to wait until you get through and then I am going to ask you to give me the regimen...if it works, and it seems to so far.

    sauludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete