Friday, January 21, 2011

Sitting Idol

I have to admit that, with all the changes this year, I was putting off watching the three hours of the first two audition cities.  The beginning process is often belaboring, getting to know people that don't make it to Hollywood or beyond or putting up with all the freaks who want their ten minutes of fame doing some idiotic stunt.  Again, with the changes in the layout and the judges, I wasn't looking forward to it.  It wasn't as bad as I thought.

I really enjoy Steven Tyler's ability to tell someone no without smashing their dream, although he needs to basically keep his dick in his pants with every 17 year old in a skirt that walks out onto the stage.  Jennifer Lopez is the replacement for Paula and she fits right in, not being able to say no to anyone, crying during someone's song and basically being the softee.  Randy is Randy... nothing has changed.  The three seem to get along very well and you feel that there's a level of knowledge between them that is believable.

As far as the talent goes, no one blew my skirt up, although they only show you what they want you to see.  I hope they're keeping all the good ones hidden until Hollywood, because it looked kind of grim.  None of them had any real soul (how much can you expect from a 15 year old that hasn't lived enough yet).  The standouts were Jovany Barreto (possibly my new bf) for his smooth latino notes (and his smooth chest, since he removed his shirt to reveal a six pack and a bag of chips to nibble on... yum!)... Paris Tassin with her beauty, voice and story of raising her special needs child (that made Jennifer cry)... and lastly, a short, stocky little 15 year old (I don't know his name) that had a voice that didn't fit his image/body/age, but I bet will be the one to beat.

All-in-all, we'll have to wait through the rest of the auditions and the Hollywood eliminations and then the new formatting to get a good feel for it.  Damn it.... I'm hooked again.

6 comments:

  1. I was surprised by Steven Tyler and his genuine criticisms, though I was put off by his ned to play stereotypical rock horndog with the girls.
    Lopez? She's trying to shake off the diva bitch image by acting soft; I ain't buying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DVR'd this week's episodes but haven't watched them yet. Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jovany is hott as hell! He's so much bigger and hotter in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found myself entertained by the new judges too, despite a promise not to care. We'll see if that continues this week. Once may have been enough...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jovany's bangin' bod just keeps gettin' better. What a cutie! Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please post more sexy pics of him!

    ReplyDelete