The other day, I did a short post on the birds falling out of the sky and apparently there were a million fish that died and washed up as well. There's something that's going on in the world... my friend Michael (Kitty) wrote about the earth's gravitational pull possibly changing which has to do with magnetic pulls and whatnot. We get caught up in our lives and forget all the forces that work against us.... tides, full moon, lack of sunlight, rotation of the earth, weather... which are all external forces. But what about internal forces? Mental illness, depression, bad habits, the womanly cycle, colds, illness and a bunch more things. It's incredible how we can even stand up straight, stay upright and function.
There's definitely some unexplained phenomenon going on this year. I don't know anyone around me that isn't going through some major situation... two or three of my friends are severely depressed... a bunch are sick... and there seems to be some sort of communication conundrum going on. Self-proclaiming this year as "no means no", I've had some episodes with some friends and had to walk away. I'm not pinning blame, since it takes two to tango, I'm just not putting up with shit this year. Life is too short to be unhappy and it shouldn't be so difficult... and respect is something that I feel that I deserve. Sometimes, the forces that pull us together are ones that we have to release to be able to stay upright.
While I certainly love being there for my friends, this week has been somewhat difficult. I felt like I was dodging dead birds while they were still falling. I hope that my friends are all in a better place and that I was able to be a positive force for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment