If you click on the pictures and then click again, it magnifies the view.... what's really awesome is the rock was propped up in a plastic box, so when the crystals grew, they're now holding the rock up and it appears to be suspended
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
To Be Young Again
At Christmas, my friend Robin gave me some gifts to inspire thoughts of my childhood and one of them was a model car. I used to love to build them, but at this point in my life, I thought between the tedium of the small pieces, my plummeting level of patience and my failing eyesight, I was sure to go mad in the process (which may have been her plan (lol)), so I exchanged it. I consider myself pretty crafty and, in my heyday, would do all sorts of things from painting to cross-stitch to macrame to wreath making, etc... and Jesse and I would do all sorts of fun stuff... but it was clear, after spending almost two hours trying to come up with some project to do within the exchange and within the parameters of my sanity that I wasn't as crafty as I had thought. I picked up a travel Yahtzee game which will be great for my upcoming trip and at camp... and a crystal growing box kit, which I've always wanted to try but was afraid I'd poke an eye out or disfigure or dismember myself with the chemicals. After following the rather complex directions and letting it sit for a few weeks... voila!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment