Thursday, January 13, 2011

Chugging Along

Well, I'm into day 5 and not doing too badly.  I went to the store and picked up some peanuts and some sugar-free hard tack candy last night and that helped me through my progrums, which a good deal of them were pre-empted by President Obama's speech about the shootings in Arizona.   With good reactions toward his heartfelt speech, hopefully the country will give the guy a break and his approval rating will go up.  What's not going up is my weight...  I lost a solid 5 pounds.  With all of my eating vices, I thought it would be harder... and it was 6 years ago when I did the South Beach Diet (I only made it to day 6 then, but lost 7 lbs.).  I'm leaving for the gym in a few minutes for some cardio and easing into weight training.  The main thing is that I feel better... and lighter... and I don't feel like puking when I bend over like I usually do... good times!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, enough already...don't you think now that you have a 27 inch waist you should consider toning it down? lol
    Congratulations, it takes will power...I know

    saludos
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep to 2lbs a week!
    not too muchmore if you can

    ReplyDelete