Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Martin Luther King Day

I can't help but think what a great man he was... a champion for peace, honesty and what's right.  Not to take away from the strong, black brother and sister today, but I also can't help but be selfish and wish that we had our rights... to marry... legal rights... medical rights... and rights of survivorship.  And while none of them really pertain to me at this point in my life, it's still unsettling that as a white male, I have every right in the world... but when you add love into the equation, those rights are stripped and you are less than whole.

The 'gay agenda' that you hear people talk about is just basic human rights.  We're not asking for any special priviledges.  MLK, Jr. spoke of America not making good on it's promise (promisory note) and the check written returned for non-sufficient funds.  I am not 'non-sufficient'... I am a law-abiding, tax-paying, productive member of society... make good on my check, bitch!

3 comments:

  1. Well said! Love the blog - and I need to add to my blogroll (whenever I get the energy to do blogroll cleanup)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean at "Jeep Guy" says you are worth the visit. I added you to my favorites. I'll be back. And yes, I have lived in Hollywood for 40 years.

    ReplyDelete