Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Laugh Or You'll Cry

Tonight is the President's State of the Union Address, which I'm not looking forward to, but not for reasons that you'd expect (ruining my Tuesday night progrum line-up).  Instead, I am not looking forward to it not so much for what he's going to say, but what he probably won't say... I wish that he'd grow a pair and stick up for all the good that he has done for the country, but that won't happen because he's trying to be an adult in a sea of children.  And rather than spreading the word of whatever positive hope he will shed, all that will be heard will be the rhetoric afterwards, which will lead to the continuation of the current state of non-partisanship.  This country is so selfish that there's no way we could possibly rally together to actually get anything accomplished for the people as a whole.  If the Republicans just came off an 8 year period of productivity, prosperity and patriotism, that would be one situation, but we know that's not what happened.  How about you offer some hope... other than for your own personal gain... and get out of the way of productivity? 

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.  Here's to hoping you can laugh a little bit today....
 






























5 comments:

  1. I like Obama, but I agree he needs to strap on some balls and get mad and get tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel pretty much the same way. It is just all going to hell in a hand basket for the progressive effort. Americans would like to wallow in a mud puddle of ignorance, superstition and believe anything Republicans tell them.
    It is tragic because this is or was a great country until the Koch brothers and the Evangelicals got a hold of power...they are emboldened and nothing will stop them.
    great post
    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  3. So right on. I almost wish he were a one-termer so there would be no reprucutions at election time and he could just kick ass. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to choose laugh "bro"...

    Politically I think you are right on the money.

    I don't know where you get these cartoons with the 50's pictures and modern comments, but they are 2nd only to your "Yum" posts.

    ReplyDelete