Friday, January 21, 2011

Epic Journey

It's 6 degrees here right now and I'd be bitching about it had I not seen the movie The Way Back tonight.  Starring Colin Farrell and Ed Harris, it chronicles the escape of a small group of multi-national prisoners from a Siberian gulag in 1940 and their epic life-affirming journey over four thousand miles on foot across five hostile countries in the middle of the Stalin communist regime.  Through forty below blinding blizzards of Siberia, dry deserts of Mongolia, over mountains and the Himalayas, they kept pushing through almost a year to gain freedom, enduring little food, shelter or water, some of them dying along the way.  Truly a testament to man's will to survive.  Even filthy dirty, hungry and exhausted, Colin Farrell looked hot!!


3 comments:

  1. I just read a review of this movie today in People magazine. Looks interesting if depressing. Seems more like a movie to see in the heat of summer than the cold we're experiencing now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see this. I have such a thing for adventure and survival stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Colin Ferrell... even dirty and scruffy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete