About 6 months back, I bought an LCD TV to replace my antiquated one. When I hooked it up using the HD cable (expecting to get a much better picture), I was very disappointed with the outcome.... so I hooked it back up through coax cable and went along my merry way, watching show after show with blurry results. I was thinking that I was going crazy since I didn't remember the picture being that bad on the old TV. So I called comcast out to the house, ready to bitch them out that their DVR was a piece of shit. Meanwhile, in 3 minutes, he hooked the HD cable back up, made an adjustment on my dpi and voila... I was smacked right in the face with a brilliantly clear picture of Oprah's face.... to quote Miss Lisa Kudrow from her cancelled show "The Comeback" (which is making a comeback and is airing again) as the character Valerie Cherish, portraying the character Aunt Sassy.... "I didn't need to SEE that!". I now have a picture so sharp that I can see details of people's faces that are, quite frankly, TMI (too much information). The downside is that I have to go through all the progrums that I have set up to record and change them to their corresponding HD channels. What was channel 12 is now 804. I hate change.
Speaking of change, I'm using this upcoming trip to springboard myself to fitness. To the gym tomorrow, I go. I've recently been watching the MTV show "I Used To Be Fat" and it's (along with feeling/looking like a stuffed pig in those clothes yesterday) motivated me to get off my fat ass. I have stopped at the store tonight and picked up some veggie burgers, sliced turkey, skim milk, eggs, cheese, etc. and will start the South Beach Diet tomorrow, which means no sugar or carbs of any kind. I even cleared my stash of junk food and gave it all to my Dad and got rid of my pop and coffee. I will do a weigh-in, count down and pictures tomorrow and plan to hit it like a psychotic fool. I'm not specifically looking to lose overall weight, just overall fat... along with making some healthier choices rather than stress choices. It's time.

Very good luck to you this year on the gym/weight matter. I join you in hoping for a more fit self in 2011.
ReplyDeletere: Oprah's face.
ReplyDeletei agree with you and Valerie Cherish!
yup... a closeup of Oprah's face might be enough to put me off my feed as well.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the fitness plan - see it, be it.