Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stylin' and Profilin'

I've never considered myself stylish, in fact, I pretty much wear the same things all the time... khaki shorts, black t-shirt, tennis shoes and a baseball cap.. a look I started in the 90's and never outgrew.  If being brutally honest, sarcastic, brash, loud, and constantly pushing the envelope is stylish, then call Cosmopolitan... you've got your next covergirl.  Today, I received the Stylish Blog Award from Mark in Delaware at Tales of the Sissy, a blog that I started reading a month or two ago.  I've happened upon a number of great blogs written by some wonderful people lately, and Mark is one of them.  I appreciate that he reads and enjoys my blog and thank him for considering me.

So, in accepting the award, I'm supposed to thank and link back to the giver... pick 5 recipients... and reveal 7 things about myself.  Being that I have diarrhea of the mouth, it will be hard to come up with things that I haven't already spilled, but here goes:

1.  When I was young, my Dad, who worked on the railroad, let me drive a train in the train yard.

2.  I have a foot fetish that started when I was a little kid, always looking down at women's feet.  Over time, it progressed (as my interest did) to only guys, and it translates the physical display of the foot into an emotional sharing in my mind since, growing up, it wasn't a part of a guys body that was shared or seen (this is a common explanation that I have heard).  It's become a compulsion for me to look at a guy's feet and a part of my sexuality.  I used to hide this part of me since feet are generally regarded as disgusting, but I have at least 10 other close friends that have a foot fetish as well and I don't feel guilty or ashamed about it any more.

3.  I have had stiches twice in my life;  one time I was running through my Aunt's house, tripped on a rug and fell into the corner of a glass table and split my forehead open.  The second time was while playing hide-n-seek at dusk... I ran into a barbed-wire fence across my left eye, narrowly missing my eyeball, and cutting the top of my eyelid.  Ironically, in the same eye, I was stung by a hornet.... and walked right into a golfball after it had just been whacked.

4. I was President of my high school choir and sang on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial with 10 other high schools in a district chorus performance for an audience that surrounded the Reflection Pool.  I used to take piano lessons as well but if there's anything that I wish I had become, it would have been a singer... and I'd probably sell my soul to the devil to be able to perform even still.

5  I chipped my right front tooth on the bumper of a 1972 olive green Dodge Dart, after my banana-seated purple bike hit a pothole and I flew into it, face first.

6,  I met my first boyfriend at 19, when I delivered a pizza to his house.  He was 27, lived in a great apartment complex, was a flight attendant for US Air, had a yellow mustang convertible and I was totally infatuated with his posh life.  He asked me to step in with the pizza and he sat down on his couch in his white terry cloth robe and his junk 'accidentally' slipped out, which was my first man-stuff eyeful.  He was also my first kiss with a guy and I remember like it was yesterday how uneasy I was about it and almost disgusted..  After dating a month or so, he turned out to be an asshole though when I (the pizza boy) wouldn't 'deliver'.  There actually is a gay porn movie called The Pizza Boy:  He Delivers (I'm not in it).

7.  When I was young, I fell out of a tree on my back, and my left hip is twisted back farther than my right one.  As a result, I developed a herniated lumbar disc that pinches a nerve in my leg... and is usually slightly numb. Over time, it caused muscular degeneration in my right buttock and calf, which are visibly smaller than the other side.  My shorts are usually twisted slightly to the left.

Stay tuned for my blogger picks.....

3 comments:

  1. Bravo! Proof positive that you are not just "another pretty face," in the blogosphere! Congratulations. ;)
    p.s. Love your seven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice going. Your 7 things were interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. black tee shirt, kaki shorts and ball cap has been the uniform for years ..... excellent choice !

    ReplyDelete