Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spit It Out...

I'm not one for tradition, formality or pomp and circumstance, so it's no wonder that I don't get the British monarchy.  You couldn't pay me enough to step into the position of King.  Nonetheless, I loved the King's Speech, which I saw tonight.  Such a great cast giving award-worthy performances.  With a balance of staunch realness, historical acuracy and, yes, even some British comedy... it's a wonderful way to spend a few hours.  Sadly, as I write this (with the Golden Globes on my TV), Geoffrey Rush didn't get best supporting actor... but maybe an award for Colin Firth?  (UPDATE:  Yeah!!)

Today marks the 7th day of the diet and I lost 9 pounds, so far.  I have no more cravings and barely think about the food and drink that I'm not putting in my mouth.  I think my stomach has shrunk, because I can't and don't want to eat as much.

UPDATE:  Congrats to the songs from Country Strong (Gwenyth's closing song) and Burlesque (both Christina's song and Cher's (which won)!!... and to Chris Coffer from Glee for winning Best Supporting (gay) Actor in a comedy... and Jane Lynch for Best Supporting (gay)Actress... and Glee for Best Comedy Show (gayest show on TV) and The Kids are Alright (gayest lesbian movie ever)

3 comments:

  1. "The King's Speech" was an incredible movie. I suppose I am unlike you in the fact that I absolutely love the British monarchy and its amazingly long history. Colin Firth is by far one of my favorite actors. He was the perfect choice to play Prince Albert / King George VI.

    I am also in agreement with you that Geoffrey Rush should have won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actor.

    Congratulations on the 9 pounds down. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the diet........you're a better man than I........

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats from me as well!
    I too loved The King's Speech.

    ReplyDelete