Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Resolving Some Resolutions

Well, my resolutions are finally in full swing.  I have lost 10 pounds since starting on the 9th... I haven't had pop, lattes (other than low fat, sugarfree), candy, cookies, baked goods, bread or much carbs of any kind, let alone the bad ones. I have increased my protein and vegetables and I am fairing well without cravings.  A few days ago, I kick-started my cardio and I burn about 500 calories a workout... and I have started to pick up a few weights in preparation for my full-on 30 day blast... that's how many days I have left until I leave for Cancun.  To top that off, I finally had my first ever yoga class tonight and I really liked it.  I'm really pleased with myself at this point, especially being totally self-motivated to do it AND that I really didn't set any goal except to get to the gym.  I feel like a new man.

3 comments:

  1. Ten pounds? That is outstanding! I've put on ten pounds since I stopped my daily walk when the cold weather rolled in. I wish you continued success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I rejoined the gym last June and the results are definately paying off. I am a gym class bunny with doing everything from step (the step class with choreography is not pretty)to doing lots of core work on the Bosu ball. I still have my treats (i.e. chips) on occassion but am okay with that, a decrease in the weekend alcohol content also helped in that beer gut department :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your mantra...about a man with no baggage...as for myself, I think I have more baggage than Samsonite.
    Thanks for the comment.
    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete