Thursday, January 20, 2011

Life Imitating Art

For those of you die-hard readers, you probably remember when I started out this blog and it was called Trouble in my Bubble.  I'm not sure how the name popped into my head at the time, I just know that I had a lot of angst about the direction of my life and the things going on.  In the height of it, I had a little bit of a stalker and hater situation going on, so, to give them the slip, I had to change the name to Ruminations of My Own Vacuity, which literally translates 'pondering my emptiness'.  At that time, I had started to really disect my issues, one by one, and as short lived as the name lasted before I changed it again, so was the period that I realized that I had to do something and acted upon it.  Now, with Another Mile Marker, I am making strides, day by day, mile by mile to a better version of myself.  Interesting how the name changes progressively happened without thought to the whole picture at the time.

I've accomplished a lot over the last couple of years and continue to do so.  Eleven days into my new way of eating and 9 pounds lighter, I feel amazing... although I still have a ways to go.  Having just gotten back from the gym after a hesitant start, I'm hoping that it will provide the energy and excitement needed to make this a best year ever not only in personal growth, but in expanding my friend base and growing my businesses.  I'm happy with the progression in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Loving the positive post.......can't wait for Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos for you. Now I'm feeling guilty that I chose a sub and onion rings over the salad I pretended not to see ;-)

    Good luck and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you lose more weight, your self-esteem will rise and your mood will improve. It's all good. I wish you much success.

    ReplyDelete