Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let It Snow

I got to break the snowblower in this morning, since we got about 4 or so inches of snow last night.  After doing our driveway and our neighbor's, I went over to my Aunt's house, then my Uncle's and finished up with a nearby friend.  It was a little hard since the wind was blowing because when the snow comes shooting out into the wind, it most likely gives you skin dermabrasion that you didn't ask for, however nice that you didn't have to visit an expensive spa and pay for.  The thing that I hate about doing stuff for my relatives is that they always try to pay me, which negates the doing something neighborly thing altogether.  And although they can be a pain in the ass with some of it, I really enjoy doing for them and I always have.  Even as a little kid, I would help them in their yard or wash their cars.  For me, and especially with my Mom passing away, they are my family and, in the case of my Aunt (who is my Godmother as well), she has become my Mom.  My Uncle, her husband, passed away about ten years ago, and she takes care of her sister (who has alzheimers) and her brother-in-law (in the picture with her).  They eat dinner together every night and head out for lunch every day... then they sit on their chairs in the driveway and watch time pass...it's really sweet, actually.

The diet has been going great.  I haven't given in and don't even have any cravings, actually.  Surprisingly, coming from a person who probably drank 6 Diet Cokes and two large lattes a day, as well as stopped at McDonald's at least once a day and ate a shitload of candy and garbage as well.  I weighed myself today... I'm back down to 185, so it's doing some good.  I have yet to get into the gym... but maybe tomorrow.  I'm tired from shoveling today.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got a good workout in the snow so don't feel too bad about missing out on the gym. VERY cool that you cleared snow for your family and neighbors...

    I don't know how I could live without caffiene. For me, sugar would be easy to give up, carbs more difficult, and caffiene brutal - I am impressed.

    So what CAN you eat/drink on this diet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. David - I have to tell you that I teared up reading this - don't ask me why - guess i am just a sensitive sentimental fool, but, you know you are doing the right thing by people!!!! I am soo proud of you and your diligence in all that you do and are trying to do in your life and I am proud to be your friend!!!! Love ya - Scott

    ReplyDelete